UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Cumberland
$23137617 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Cumberland County, FY 19-23
- 127 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 28 Research Projects (FY23)
- 29 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Cumberland County
- Funded by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health promotes information on how to provide healthy and safe environments for young children.
- The UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, with funding from N.C. Department of Public Instruction, provides early learning communities with professional development and technical assistance to support preschool children with disabilities and their families.
- Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the UNC School of Government maintains a dashboard to assist N.C. utility managers and local officials with benchmarking residential water and wastewater rates against multiple attributes.