UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Chatham
$26919193 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Chatham County, FY 19-23
- 100 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 43 Research Projects (FY23)
- 269 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Chatham County
- Funded by the Oak Foundation, the School of Social Work's Tiny Homes Village is a study in providing affordable housing.
- With funding from the National Cancer Institute, the UNC School of Medicine and UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center studies ways to reduce health disparities in cancer patients.
- Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the UNC School of Government maintains a dashboard to assist N.C. utility managers and local officials with benchmarking residential water and wastewater rates against multiple attributes.