UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Columbus
$6687011 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Columbus County, FY 19-23
- 18 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 7 Research Projects (FY23)
- 2 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Columbus County
- The UNC Institute for the Environment, with funding from the National Science Foundation, runs a program to support informal educators as they engage diverse youth in developing locally relevant solutions to climate impacts in their communities.
- Funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration's Bureau of Health Workforce, the UNC School of Nursing prepares nurse practitioners for behavioral health integration in primary care.
- Led by the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health and funded by the Duke Endowment, researchers are working to improve maternity care practices and breastfeeding rates in hospitals located in underserved communities.