UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Martin
$1628464 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Martin County, FY 19-23
- 3 Research Projects (FY23)
- 3 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Martin County
- The UNC School of Nursing provides training for sexual assault nurse examiners in rural parts of eastern N.C. with funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The UNC Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise cultivates an economic development ecosystem in Eastern North Carolina with funding from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- A Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation-funded project from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School builds new wealth in economically distressed communities through job creation, business growth, useful research, and innovative policy.