UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Wayne
$10237360 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Wayne County, FY 19-23
- 31 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 12 Research Projects (FY23)
- 13 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Wayne County
- With funding from New York University School of Medicine, the UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute aims to understand the effects of a broad range of early environmental influences on health and development of children from low-income families living in rural areas.
- The UNC Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise cultivates an economic development ecosystem in Eastern North Carolina with funding from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the UNC School of Government maintains a dashboard to assist N.C. utility managers and local officials with benchmarking residential water and wastewater rates against multiple attributes.