UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Robeson
$21774578 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Robeson County, FY 19-23
- 33 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 31 Research Projects (FY23)
- 17 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Robeson County
- The UNC School of Social Work aims to strengthen community capacity to prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance use among youth with funding from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- With funding from NASA, the UNC Institute for the Environment enlists citizen scientists and satellites to track lake water levels.