UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Pitt
$45674734 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Pitt County, FY 19-23
- 101 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 27 Research Projects (FY23)
- 31 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Pitt County
- Researchers in the UNC School of Medicine, funded by the National Institutes of Health, work to make a difference in the care and outcome of children born premature and make an important contribution to preventing learning and behavior problems in children.
- With funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration, the UNC Center for Aging and Health seeks to integrate geriatrics into primary care and expand interprofessional education in geriatrics.
- The UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, with funding from N.C. Department of Public Instruction, provides early learning communities with professional development and technical assistance to support preschool children with disabilities and their families.