UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Sampson
$9602551 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Sampson County, FY 19-23
- 18 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 14 Research Projects (FY23)
- 7 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Sampson County
- The UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention aims to improve access to healthy food through policy and environmental change with funding from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the UNC School of Government maintains a dashboard to assist N.C. utility managers and local officials with benchmarking residential water and wastewater rates against multiple attributes.