UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Surry
$9756888 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Surry County, FY 19-23
- 49 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 9 Research Projects (FY23)
- 6 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Surry County
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- The Appalachian Highlands Network is one of 32 National Park Service programs across the country that is dedicated to understanding and preserving unique natural resources through science and education.
- A Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation-funded project from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School builds new wealth in economically distressed communities through job creation, business growth, useful research, and innovative policy.