UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Caldwell
$11103678 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Caldwell County, FY 19-23
- 34 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 10 Research Projects (FY23)
- 3 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Caldwell County
- Researchers in the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services research study clinical strategies for managing and reducing long-term opioid use while managing chronic pain with funding from the Research Triangle Institute.
- The Appalachian Highlands Network is one of 32 National Park Service programs across the country that is dedicated to understanding and preserving unique natural resources through science and education.
- With funding from Duke University, the UNC School of Medicine runs a free telephone consultation and education program called NC-PAL to help health care providers address the behavioral health needs of pediatric and perinatal patients.