UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Rockingham
$11868142 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Rockingham County, FY 19-23
- 35 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 16 Research Projects (FY23)
- 8 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Rockingham County
- The UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention aims to improve access to healthy food through policy and environmental change with funding from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.
- With funding from the National Cancer Institute, the UNC School of Medicine and UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center studies ways to reduce health disparities in cancer patients.
- A Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation-funded project from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School builds new wealth in economically distressed communities through job creation, business growth, useful research, and innovative policy.