UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Wake
$189255779 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Wake County, FY 19-23
- 1609 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 180 Research Projects (FY23)
- 1686 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Wake County
- Funded by the National Institutes of Health, the UNC Center for AIDS Research provides infrastructure to support investigation of the HIV/AIDS epidemic using clinical and behavioral research, research into HIV biology and pathogenesis, and educational outreach.
- With funding from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health promotes healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments in early care and education settings through child care health consultation.
- With funding from NASA, the UNC Institute for the Environment enlists citizen scientists and satellites to track lake water levels.