UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Tyrrell
$3849688 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Tyrrell County, FY 19-23
- 6 Research Projects (FY23)
- 1 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Tyrrell County
- With funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, researchers in the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School study how to enable precision agriculture.
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the UNC School of Government maintains a dashboard to assist N.C. utility managers and local officials with benchmarking residential water and wastewater rates against multiple attributes.