UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Richmond
$5608988 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Richmond County, FY 19-23
- 12 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 6 Research Projects (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Projects Benefitting Richmond County
- With funding from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, researchers from the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health are evaluating how to improve maternal and child health outcomes.
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- With funding from Duke University, the UNC School of Medicine runs a free telephone consultation and education program called NC-PAL to help health care providers address the behavioral health needs of pediatric and perinatal patients.