UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Transylvania
$3494516 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Transylvania County, FY 19-23
- 8 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 4 Research Projects (FY23)
- 1 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Transylvania County
- Funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the UNC Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research identifies and overcomes barriers to medical providers incorporating evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder into their practice.
- The Appalachian Highlands Network is one of 32 National Park Service programs across the country that is dedicated to understanding and preserving unique natural resources through science and education.
- The UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, with funding from N.C. Department of Public Instruction, provides early learning communities with professional development and technical assistance to support preschool children with disabilities and their families.