UNC Research Overall Stats
- 10th in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
- 13th in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
- 1st in Best Value for Public Colleges
in Federal Research Expenditures Nationally
in Overall Research Expenditures Nationally
in Best Value for Public Colleges
Over $1.2B in Annual Research Expenditures from All Sources
UNC Researchʼs Impact on Guilford
$92697269 in sustained investment for research projects benefitting Guilford County, FY 19-23
- 451 Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
- 61 Research Projects (FY23)
- 186 Residents Employed by UNC Research (FY23)
Undergraduate Students Participating in Research Activity
Residents Employed by UNC Research
Projects Benefitting Guilford County
- Funded by the National Institutes of Health, the UNC Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases provides access to promising clinical trials for HIV prevention and treatment.
- With funding from the National Cancer Institute, the UNC School of Medicine and UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center studies ways to reduce health disparities in cancer patients.
- The UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention runs No Kid Hungry N.C. with funding from Share Our Strength to help end child hunger and ensure kids get the food they need by increasing access to underutilized federal child nutrition programs for school breakfast, afterschool meals, and summer meals.