Dates and Deadlines
Upon receipt of your application, the IRB will determine level of review. Most reviews are expedited, i.e., reviewed in-office, on an ongoing basis, by the Chair and selected reviewers. Only those proposals subject to full board review, i.e., by full board review, are required to meet submission deadlines (see table, below).
IRB Board Meeting Schedules
- Boards A, B, C, and D of which one meets on each of the first four Mondays of the month, unless the Monday is a holiday.
- Board E meets the second Tuesday of each month.
- Board F meets the second Thursday of each month.
- New studies requiring dental or oncology expertise are reviewed by the Board B or D (meet second and fourth Monday, except holidays). Once approved, a renewal or modification of a dental or oncology study can often be reviewed by any of boards.
- The “Deadline” date in the table below is the date the submission is accepted for review by the IRB. The “Meeting” date is when the board meets.
- An application accepted by the published deadline will generally be assigned to the corresponding meeting. However, there may be circumstances when this is not possible, in which case it will be assigned to the next available board meeting. Please be advised that receipt by submission deadline does not guarantee review at the corresponding meeting.
- Dates are subject to change.
IRB Board Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
|Board||Deadline Date||Meeting Date|
|A||October 16, 2020||November 2, 2020|
|B||October 23, 2020||November 9, 2020|
|E||October 23, 2020||November 10, 2020|
|F||October 26, 2020||November 12, 2020|
|C||October 30, 2020||November 16, 2020|
|D||November 13, 2020||November 30, 2020|
|A||November 20, 2020||December 7, 2020|
|E||November 20, 2020||December 8, 2020|
|F||November 24, 2020||December 10, 2020|
|B||November 30, 2020||December 14, 2020|
|C||December 7, 2020||December 21, 2020|
|D||N/A||No Meeting/Winter Holiday|
|A||NA||No Meeting/4th of July|
|A||NA||No Meeting/Labor Day|
|D||NA||No Meeting/Winter Break|