COI: Conflict of Interest Program
Effective July 1, 2020, the COI Program is part of the Institutional Integrity and Risk Management (IIRM) division.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill recognizes that conflicts of interest will arise from the research enterprise, from technology transfer activities, and from the many facets of our investigators’ professional activities. We seek to identify and manage these conflicting relationships, restricting activities where necessary, to preserve transparency, independent decision-making, protection of research subjects, and integrity of the educational experience.
- Individual Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- COI Travel Disclosure Decision Tree
- COI disclosure system:
In addition to conflicts arising from individual investigator interests, the University’s financial holdings, intellectual property agreements, and the personal interests of its officials may give rise to conflicts of interest related to potential business transactions or research activities. The University is committed to ensuring the integrity of its decision-making processes.
- UNC Policy Manual (See 300.2.2 and 300.2.2[G])
- RAMSeS – Compliance Tab / Conflict of Interest (COI) Grid
- IRBIS – Personnel Tab / Conflict of Interest (COI) grid
- OSR SBIR STTR website