Dates and Deadlines
Upon receipt of your application, the IRB will determine level of review. Most reviews are expedited, i.e., reviewed in-office, on an ongoing basis, by the Chair and selected reviewers. Only those proposals subject to full board review, i.e., by committee, are required to meet submission deadlines (see table, below).
IRB Committee Meeting Schedules
- The Biomedical IRB consists of four committees, one of which meets on each of the first four Mondays of the month, unless the Monday is a holiday.
- The single Non-Biomedical IRB committee meets the second Tuesday of each month.
- The Safety Committee meets the second Thursday of each month
- New studies requiring dental or oncology expertise are reviewed by the Biomedical Committee B or D (meet second and fourth Monday, except holidays). Once approved, a renewal or modification of a dental or oncology study can often be reviewed by any of the biomedical IRBs.
If you anticipate that your application will require full board review, please observe the deadline (see below) for the committee governing your research.
- The “Deadline” date in the table below is the date the submission is accepted* by the IRB. The “Meeting” date is when the committee meets.
- An application accepted by the published deadline will generally be assigned to the corresponding meeting. However, there may be circumstances when this is not possible, in which case it will be assigned to the next available committee meeting. Please be advised that receipt by submission deadline does not guarantee review at the corresponding meeting.
- Dates are subject to change–check this web page for updates.
IRB Committee Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
Meeting Date (Tuesday)
* Deadline is a Wednesday due to a University Holiday.
Meeting Date (Monday♦)
* Deadline has been moved due to a University Holiday.
♦ Meeting is held on a Tuesday.