In this section, you will find information to assist you in the hiring, promotion, extension, or discontinuation of a postdoctoral scholar. Once you have selected a candidate from a pool of applicants, you will need to follow the procedures and policies provided. It is important to note, Carolina has one of the more competitive postdoc minimum stipends in the country. Still, we strongly encourage faculty mentors to consider the individual candidate’s experience level and the NIH Salary Scale, when appointing a postdoctoral scholar.
- Sample Appointment Letter to Postdoctoral Scholar
- Sample Reappointment Letter to Postdoctoral Scholar
- Minimum Stipend = $47,476
- NIH Salary Scale
- Other postdoc hire forms can be found via the OHR website’s Form Finder and the Academic Personnel Office’s Forms Page.
- All new postdoc appointments require the AP-2S and Form I-9
- Tax forms (NC-4 and W-4) and direct deposit to be completed by postdoc via ConnectCarolina Self-Service upon hire
- Postdoc Trainees require certification for FICA exemption
- Non-resident aliens require the W-4 NRA and PR-100