Research Core Development Team
Research Cores/Service Centers (RSC), commonly referred to as recharge units and/or research core facilities, are operational units that provide goods, specific technical, or administrative services to UNC-Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) users or external entities.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) and Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) have partnered to offer a new resource and team to provide campus additional support for RSC management. The Research Core Development (RCD) Team will collaborate with OSR’s Cost Analysis and Compliance unit and RSC leadership to develop and implement new capabilities and business processes designed to streamline core management, rate development, business workflows, and general core facility administration.
Key Services and Initiatives of the RCD Team
- Partner with departments, schools, and existing recharge centers to develop a campus-wide Core strategy
- Survey equipment and resources to establish a central asset repository
- Consult on core management and business process improvement
- Assist with solutions for marketing core facility services
- Provide options for treatment of rapidly changing or volatile rates
- Assist with more frequent rate reviews
- Solicit feedback from campus regarding other beneficial services to consider and develop in the future
Engage with the RCD Team
Ben and Meghan are partnering to lead efforts of the RCD and will shortly be reaching out to RSC leadership and the broader campus research community. If you have any immediate questions and/or requests pertaining to the highlight of services included above, please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.