Effective today, December 12, 2022 the University Cashier implemented new guidance on deposits to improve internal controls over cash deposits. For complete details on this new process, see the updated Creating a Deposit QRC, available on the ConnectCarolina User Information Deposits resources page. As a reminder, the University Cashier’s updated cash deposit process is separate from the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) deposit process.
OSP Deposit Memo
Cash deposits are not accepted in OSP and all checks to be deposited and applied to a sponsored project must be submitted with the OSP Deposit Memo.
What type of deposits should route to OSP?
- Payments for sponsored projects, i.e., initial sponsor payments or invoice payments
- Clinical Trial payments
- Cash Advance reconciliations (check and memo ONLY, documentation not required)
- Refunds payment, i.e., credit vouchers or subcontracts
How do you submit deposits to OSP?
- sent through campus mail to CB# 1350
- dropped off to OSP’s green mailbox at the Administrative Office Building (AOB)
- dropped off to OSP’s office suite 2200 at AOB during office hours: M-F from 9-5
For specific deposit questions, please email cash manager, Dawn DiLello (email@example.com) and all general inquiries, email SponsoredPrograms@unc.edu.