Changes to the Biographical Sketch and Other Support Format Page for Due Dates on or after 5/25/2021
National Institutes of Health (NIH) recently released Notice NOT-OD-21-073 concerning upcoming changes to the Biographical Sketch and Other Support Format page. The updated forms and instructions for both will be required for use with applications and Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) submitted for due dates on or after May 25, 2021.
Training & Resources – Additional Updates Forthcoming
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) is reviewing the updated forms and instructions and will provide additional guidance and training shortly. NIH also plans to release additional resources and training materials in the coming weeks. In the interim, please reference and review the available resources below.
NIH related forms and resources:
- NIH Biosketch format pages and instructions and FAQs
- NIH Other Support format pages and FAQs
- NOT-OD-19-114 – Reminders of NIH Policies on Other Support
UNC related forms and resources:
- Sample NIH Other Support Template – update to new format page coming soon
- Other Support Tool – update to NIH template coming soon
- UNC Science & Security Guidance – update to guidance & FAQs coming soon
- Science & Security Training: Other Support – updates coming soon
- Science & Security Webinar: Other Support
- SPO Knows: Best Practices with NIH Other Support
- Guidance on Foreign Influence
If you are in the process of creating either a Biosketch or Other Support format page for applications and RPPRs due on or after May 25, 2021, please refer to the FAQs and instructions (above and in the notice) and contact your OSR Sponsored Projects Specialist or SPO Grants Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions on this announcement, please contact OSR at ResAdminOSR@unc.edu.