Impact to ConnectCarolina:
- In keeping with current practice, awards with a chartfield source of 49000 (federal awards), will only allow fees to be expensed to account 568731
- Fees in account 568732 may now be expensed to all other awards (non-federal)
Impact to GradStar:
- When “Create Instate/Remission Awards” is clicked, rows will auto-generate with both 568731 and 568732 (if there are unallowable fees) and include pre-calculated fee amount(s) based on the designated percent allocation entered
- The fee amount for each account code may not exceed the amount in the fee table or you will receive an ERROR message
- Certain fields are now view only
- Prevent deletion of row if journal or FA export completed OR export flag set to “N”
- Graduate student fees may be escalated up to 5% (typical is 3%) or consult OSR Sponsored Projects Specialist or SPO Grants Analyst
- Allowable fees on federal funding sources are exempt from Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs
- Application of guidance on federal funding sources includes training grants
- Guidance applies to all federal awards (training grants included)
- Account Code for Student Fees Allowable on Federal funding sources: 568731
- Account Code for Student Fees Unallowable on Federal funding sources: 568732
Questions about the mandate may be directed to Beverly Wyrick, Graduate School Director of Administration and Finance at (919) 962-6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login problems, functional issues or questions about GradStar may be directed to email@example.com.
Questions about this announcement may be directed to ResAdminOSR@unc.edu.