Office of Clinical Trials
OCT serves as a central resource for UNC faculty, staff and departments involved in clinical trials research and for sponsors seeking to conduct clinical trials at UNC by:
- Serving as the point of contact for questions or issues related to clinical trials
- Provide assistance and consultation in budget development and preparation
- Developing and providing education and training on the requirements and procedures related to the conduct of clinical research
- Assisting researchers, staff and departments with clinical trial project development
- Serving as an expert resource for information on the issues and requirements for the conduct of clinical research
- Developing and implementing programs and initiatives, based on monitoring and assessment, to enhance the quality of clinical research and support regulatory compliance
- Providing oversight and assisting with registration of clinical trial information and posting of results as appropriate in clinicaltrials.gov
OCT and OIC have been delegated signature authority on behalf of the Vice Chancellor to sign agreements related to clinical research and thereby bind the institution to the terms and conditions contained therein. Investigators, staff and departments are not authorized to sign agreements on behalf of the institution.
OCT Staff and Contact Information
OCT Policies and Procedures
The Office of Clinical Trials (OCT) is dedicated to advancing high quality clinical trial research in accordance UNC’s educational, research, clinical care and community service mission. OCT is responsible for the administrative, regulatory, and institutional requirements to establish and conduct clinical research at UNC which is supported through contracts with private industry and other entities.