The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is soon releasing updates to the Subagreement Initiation Portal (SIP). As a reminder, SIP is an online form used to streamline the process for requesting subagreement actions and ultimately, improve their timely execution. OSR is implementing several updates to the form that will allow campus to provide more of the necessary information required for subagreement execution and a summary of these changes is included below.
Key Changes to Expect with this SIP Update
Effective Monday, August 10
- New Instructions Tab incorporated into all forms
- Additional year(s) of funding, even if issued a new PS Project ID, will now be submitted as an Amendment
- Revised and expanded Subagreement Data Transfer Section
- Updated Human Subjects Research Questions
- All required documentation will now need to be attached in SIP
- New Amendment fields and calculator for Change in Funding/Authorizing Carryover
Please reference the Form Updates tab on the SIP Guidance page for more details.
Key Reminders for SIP that still apply
- To process a request in SIP, you always need a Subagreement Project ID.
- All subagreement actions require a submission in SIP.
- Use the SIP Questionnaire to navigate to Initiate or Amend a Subagreement.
- Additional information/documentation on subagreements must be submitted in SIP.
- Prior approval requests must be completed before the submission of the SIP.