Introducing the Proposal Playbook
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), Operational Excellence team and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) collaborated on initiatives to improve and streamline the management of externally sponsored research programs at the University. As communicated with a memo in late Spring, one of the results of this partnership is a new tool/resource called Research Playbooks.
Research Playbooks are an online resource intended to support researchers and research administrators in managing all stages of the award lifecycle – from proposal to closeout. The first Playbook to be released is the Proposal Playbook.
Playbooks on the Web
- Proposal Playbook
- Training Videos on Playbooks
- Introduction to Operational Excellence
- Industry Contracting Playbook – Coming Soon!
Benefits of Playbooks
- Provides resources for research administration and management
- Improves understanding of all stages of award lifecycle and related roles & responsibilities in research
- Guides and defines processes to improve interactions between central compliance offices and departments
Layout of Playbooks
Sponsors in the Proposal Playbook
For questions or assistance, please contact ResAdminOSR@unc.edu.