This presentation will focus on why securing unpublished and controlled research data is so important. It will provide information on state and federal data security requirements as well as foreign travel tips. The presentation will also provide a guide to Information Security resources available at UNC.
- Understanding why safely protecting and securing unpublished and controlled data is so important
- Understanding Federal regulations such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, CMMC, FAR 52.204-24/25/26
- Understanding security requirements for state contracts
- Learning helpful tips for IT security precautions to take during foreign travel
- Understanding the UNC IT risk assessment process
- Learning about services provided by the Information Security Office
- Learning about new security enhancements at UNC
- Seeing a demo of the Safecomputing.unc.edu website
- Dennis Schmidt
Assistant Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Security Officer
This training series is available on OSR’s Training webpage as well as the Guidance on Science & Security webpage. Questions, please contact OSRCommunications@unc.edu.