Mailing Address & Phone Contacts
104 Airport Drive Suite 2200 – Campus Box 1350, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1350
Phone: (919) 966-3411 – Fax: (919) 962-5011
Email Contacts for OSP
SponsoredPrograms is responsible for all general inquiries, proposal requests, new awards, modifications/amendments, audit information requests, and research system access requests.
- New awards
- Sponsor requests concerning awards
- Audit information requests
- Research systems access requests: eRA Commons, Fastlane
- General questions/concerns
OSPBilling is responsible for all requests concerning invoicing or financial reports for sponsored projects.
- Requests for invoices and financial reports (new and pre-Fiscal Year 2017 only)
- Fiscal Year 2017 and onward, invoices and financial reports may be found in the RAMSeS Billing tab.
- Questions concerning invoices and financial reports including requests for supporting documentation.
OSPReporting is responsible for all final invention statement (FIS) requests, including:
- Submission requests
- Status updates
- Requesting a FIS
- General FIS questions
ServiceNow is responsible for all questions concerning budget overrides, F&A adjustments, escalation of issues within OSP and other sponsored project assistance.
- F&A expense adjustments
- Budget error overrides for vouchers/journals/POs/Requisitions/ Budgets
- Escalation or expedition of issues within OSP
- General questions/inquiries
RSCSupport is responsible for all inquires regarding Research Service Centers at the University, including establishment of a new service center and reviews of existing centers.
OSPContracting is the main inbox for the Industry Contracting team and is responsible for new industry contracts and questions concerning industry contracting.
ecrt_help is responsible for all effort certification questions and concerns, including specific effort certification requirements and system assistance.
OSPCommunications is the main inbox for all OSP news and announcements, events, training opportunities, and website feedback.
OSPSymposium is the main inbox for all general inquiries and communications related to the annual UNC Symposium for Research Administrators.
Contacts Outside of OSP
- ORIS Help Desk: (919) 843-2594 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Systems support for ACAP, AIR, ALICE, Backbone, Blue, IRBIS, RAMSeS
- ITS Help Desk: (919) 962-HELP or help.unc.edu
- Technical and finance functional support for ConnectCarolina and Infoporte
104 Airport Drive Suite 2200, CB 1350
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1350
Phone: (919) 966-3411
Fax: (919) 962-5011
Email address: SponsoredPrograms@unc.edu
OSP is located on the second floor of the Administrative Office Building (AOB) and is open to the public weekdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Appointments are not required. Face masks are required and social distancing is enforced.
Visitor permit parking spaces are available at the front of the building for easy access to OSP. Additional parking is available in an overflow lot across from the Giles Horney Building in the R1/R2 Overflow Parking Lot.
The AOB is on the NU Express Route that goes to the P parking lot.
A green drop box labeled for “Office of Sponsored Programs” is located on the ground floor at the front entrance of AOB. During remote operations, materials (checks included, but NO CASH) for OSP can be dropped here at any time and OSP retrieves items daily to process.