SHRA (SPA) Permanent
- Creating/Revising Position
- Please work with your HR Consultant to create/revise any position.
- PI/Manager will upload the signed PD-102-CB and org chart into Infoporte.
- HR Rep will process position creation/update in ConnectCarolina.
- Class and Comp will review and approve.
- HR Rep will notify manager once position is posted and send Vacancy Announcement to department.
- Once the position closes, HR Rep will notify PI and email non-selection template.
- PI will review applicants and submit names of potential interviews to HR Rep for approval.
- Once approved PI will follow up with interviews.
- Sample Interview Questions
- Interview Questions you should not ask – Training
- How to Access PeopleAdmin Instructions – Search Committee Member
- Once the final candidate has been identified please submit the Payroll Action Form, non-selection template, and Background Check Request via Infoporte
- If the selected candidate is a current employee, a Salary Adjustment/Supplement Form will be required.
- HR rep will submit hiring proposal in PeopleAdmin.
- Once approved, the offer will be made and the Welcome Letter sent to employee.
- HR Rep will complete the hire in Connect Carolina.
New Employee Orientation
All new SHRA (SPA) Permanent employees are required to attend the UNC Welcome to Carolina Orientation. The orientation is from 8:00am-12:30pm and located at:
William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education
100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
New employees will be required to complete an I-9 through Lawlogix prior to their first day of work. They will receive instructions via email with the login information. The employee will also be required to provide required documents from the List of I-9 Acceptable Docs on his/her first day of work.
Employees can create an ONYEN by going to Create ONYEN
Employees can also set up their email address by going to: Self-Service
Please contact your Transportation and Parking Coordinator. For additional information on parking, please go to UNC Parking Services