Skip to main content

This group includes retirees, contractors, distance learners, visiting scholars, etc. Individual requests for PID Creation or Reactivation must come directly from the university department through the Affiliate System.

Retirees and Emeritus Faculty must go through Ruth Holt in HR Benefits.

Other Affiliates are defined as any person who is not paid through UNC-Chapel Hill payroll and is not attending UNC-Chapel Hill but requires University resources to work in conjunction with UNC-Chapel Hill.

Other Affiliates cannot authorize themselves; they must have a UNC-Chapel Hill sponsor.  Please be aware that PID processing can take up to two business days.  Please fill out the Affiliate Request Form and submit to your departmental HR Representative via InfoPorte.  Please consult your HR Representative to see if the Affiliate will need a Background Check Request.

After approval has been received by the HR Representative, the Other Affiliate can create an ONYEN at the ONYEN Services website.

Affiliates needing a UNC One Card must go to the One Card office, after the HR Representative receives approval through Connect Carolina, with a driver’s license, passport, or military ID for identification purposes.  Please check with the One Card Office to see if there will be a $5 card fee. If the department would like to pay the fee they may do so through Connect Carolina.