Research and Proposal Development Resources
Information about Broader Impacts criteria, which are important for successful review of NSF grant proposals, communicating Broader Impacts to scientific and diverse audiences, and links to campus units and resources that can support an investigator’s Broader Impacts statement. This content is onyen-protected.
Browse a listing of the University’s research centers, institutes, initiatives, and laboratories, or access a searchable database of the University’s core facilities.
Proposal Development and Grantwriting
- Federal Programs and Fellowships that Support Early Career Faculty (Lewis-Burke Associates, LLC)
- Primer on Federal Research Agencies of Interest to Universities and Research Organizations (Lewis-Burke Associates, LLC)
- What to Say-and Not Say-to Program Officers (Michael J. Spiers, Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Grants Management Information for Awards Made Directly to Individuals (NEH)
- Grants Policies, Forms, and Other Information for Organizations (NEH)
- Health and Human Services Grant Process (DHHS)
- NEH’s Application Review Process (NEH)
- Overview of Federal Funding Opportunities for Behavioral and Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (Lewis-Burke Associates, LLC)
Research Development Community
The Research Development Community comprises research administrators and staff across the University who are involved in research and proposal development. Research Development Community Meetings occur twice each semester to facilitate intra-institutional networking and dialog. If you are interested in joining the Research Development Community, please visit the community’s collaboration site via SharePoint (content is onyen-protected).
UNC Libraries Research Support
The UNC Libraries Research Hub maintains three locations on campus that provide space, technology, and expertise to assist UNC faculty, staff, postdocs, and students with all phases of research. Users can meet with libraries and specialists to develop new skills, share their research, and connect with colleagues and collaborators.
- The Davis Library Research Hub
- The Health Sciences Library Research Hub
- The Kenan Research Hub and Makerspace
Research and instructional assistance is available through the Davis Library and includes support with developing their research topics and locating appropriate sources. Research librarians provide support for specific disciplines and subareas, and are available for one-on-one consultations.