Large-scale, complex proposals
The Office of Research Development collaborates with University faculty, researchers, and collaborative teams to develop and submit large, complex and interdisciplinary proposals. These projects typically request several million dollars in support, may require significant coordination between internal and external stakeholders, and/or require University support beyond the efforts of a single Principal Investigator and their team.
A non-exhaustive list of proposal development and preparation services includes:
- Proposal idea and strategy development
- Liaison between PI/team, funding agency, UNC structures, and sub-contracts
- Project management/coordination during proposal development
- Grant writing for non-technical/scientific elements of a proposal
- Document copy-editing, formatting, and visual cohesion
- Figure design and creation
- Review for compliance with funding guidelines
- Budget development support (working with departmental finance person)
- Coordinate color team review
- Submission support
If you are interested in ORD’s assistance with an upcoming, large, interdisciplinary proposal, please contact email@example.com. Service priorities balance proposal development needs, urgency, alignment with OVCR strategic goals, and antecedence.
We provide support for small-scale proposals in the form of faculty consultations to assist with idea development and resource identification. Direct proposal support is available on a limited basis in special circumstances. Other support is available through Resources provided on this site. These resources include annotated templates for documents required by common funding sources, boilerplate language describing UNC facilities, grant writing resources, team science resources… and more!