COVID-19 for Postdocs
OVCR research support offices, including the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, remain open and are operating remotely to provide full support to our postdoctoral scholars and the research enterprise.
Postdocs regularly visit these websites for updated COVID-19 guidance:
- Research-related guidance: https://research.unc.edu/covid-19/
- HR guidance: https://hr.unc.edu/covid19-faq/
- Transportation and Parking guidance: https://move.unc.edu/news/covid-19/
- COVID-19 tracking: Carolina Dashboard
- COVID-19 vaccines: who is eligible and locations
- Carolina Together: Main website for campus Carolina Together (unc.edu)
- UNC Health care provides a COVD19 health related resource.
Caring for our Community
When you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed, help is available. Visit the Healthy Heels blog for tips and tools for coping through the continuum of your daily stress. In addition, postdocs can take advantage of the Counseling and Psychological Services or the Employee Assistance Program for faculty and staff. Wellness resources to support employee physical and mental well-being are also available on the Work Life section of the Benefits page including Wellness Wednesday Webinars.
- If you have need for an accommodation due to personal health concerns, we encourage you to visit the Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office accommodations site at eoc.unc.edu/covid-19accommodations.
- Likewise, if you require flexibility with your work schedule or arrangements due to things such as child or eldercare issues, or transportation concerns, we ask that you work with your supervisor or department chair.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) remains available to postdocs and their families and provides a range of emotional support services and resources.
- Campus Health will remain open for limited services, and the University continues to provide insurance coverage for postdoctoral scholars. Please call 919–966–2281 prior to going to Campus Health. Visit https://campushealth.unc.edu/coronavirus-details for Campus Health Services latest information on COVID19. If you need to seek mental wellness resources, visit CAPS or take advantage of the Employee Assistance Program, which is also available to Postdocs.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Fact Sheets:
Postdoctoral scholars are a vital part of UNC-Chapel Hill’s research community. Your health and well-being and the importance of your research work continue to be a top priority. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any concerns or questions.
Thank you for the valuable work you do for UNC’s research enterprise.