Applications are closed for 2018 Term- Application Materials are not being accepted at this time.
Online application will be available september 15 – deadline for submission is november 15
As part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and advancing scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD) is pleased to offer postdoctoral research appointments for a period of two years. The purpose of CPPFD is to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities. Postdoctoral scholars will be engaged full-time in research and may teach only one course per fiscal year. This program is funded by the State of North Carolina.
The CPPFD is a nationally recognized and extremely competitive program. We typically receive more than 750 applications per year and typically fund 4-5 new postdoctoral researchers per year.
Guidelines – Application Term
Applications for study in any discipline represented on the campus are welcome. Please specify your discipline of interest when applying.
- $47,476 per calendar year (STEM disciplines-based on qualifications)
- $2,000 per year research fund for research expenses, including travel.
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in their field within the past five years and no later than July 1st of the award year.
- The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship potentially competitive for tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities.
- An important secondary criterion is the support of prospective departments.
- Preference will be given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill strongly encourages applications from African American, Native American and Hispanic American scholars.
- Cover letter addressed to Vice Chancellor for Research
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing samples.*
- Two references for letters of recommendation
- All Materials must be submitted through online application system to be accepted: https://unc.peopleadmin.com
*VA Candidate’s Portfolio should include on a CD/DVD up to 16 images and/or 4 videos as well as a short description of each image/video. The CD/DVD should be mailed separately to
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
308 Bynum Hall, CB#4100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-4100
Applications are closed. The next application deadline is November 15, 2018 at 11:59 EST. Applications are accepted September 15th-November 15th. References are due no later than November 30, 2017 at 11:59 EST .
For questions or additional information regarding the Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity, please contact:
Director, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer