Online application will be available september 15
deadline for submission is november 15
As part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and advancing scholars from different backgrounds in higher education, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD) is pleased to offer postdoctoral research appointments for a period of two years. The purpose of CPPFD is to develop scholars who can contribute to the diversity of the campus community for possible tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities. Postdoctoral scholars will be engaged full-time in research and may teach only one course per fiscal year. This program is funded by the State of North Carolina.
The CPPFD is a nationally recognized and extremely competitive program. We typically receive more than 750 applications per year and typically fund 4-5 new postdoctoral researchers per year.
Guidelines – Application Term
Applications for study in any discipline represented on the campus are welcome. Please specify your discipline of interest when applying.
- $50,000 per calendar year (STEM disciplines-based on qualifications)
- $2,000 per year research fund for research expenses, including travel.
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in their field within the past five years and no later than July 1st of the award year.
- The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship potentially competitive for tenure track appointments at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and other research universities.
- An important secondary criterion is the support of prospective departments.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are lawfully eligible to work in the United States. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill strongly encourages applications from individuals that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the campus community..
- Cover letter addressed to Vice Chancellor for Research
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing samples.*
- Two references for letters of recommendation
- All Materials must be submitted through online application system to be accepted: https://unc.peopleadmin.com
Link to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the application/application process (FAQ)
The next application deadline is November 15, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
Applications are accepted September 15th-November 15th. If the deadline falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the following Monday.
For questions or additional information regarding the Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity, please contact:
Director, Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer