- Animal Subjects Protection: The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee is responsible for reviewing the use of live vertebrate animals in research and educational programs at the University. (See also: Benefits of Animal Models in Research.)
- Clinical Trials
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Health and Lab Safety: The Department of Environment, Health and Safety handles issues related to biological safety, industrial hygiene, radiation safety, fire safety, environmental affairs, workers’ compensation, and workplace safety and training.
- Human Subjects Protection: The Office of Human Research Ethics web site has information on University and Federal guidelines for conducting research.
- Research Policies and Integrity:information on University and Federal guidelines for conducting research
- Responsible Conduct of Research:This information is designed to inform faculty, research personnel, postdoctoral research associates, and students about policies and procedures at UNC-Chapel Hill that govern the conduct of research.
- UNC-Chapel Hill Campus Policies and Procedures on Research
- UNC-Chapel Hill Ethics Policy: “Policies and Procedures on Ethics in Research”
- UNC-Chapel Hill Policy for Use of University Resources in Support of Entrepreneurial Activities
- Policy on External Professional Activities of Faculty and Other Professional Staff
- UNC-Chapel Hill Policy on Federal Earmarks
- UNC-Chapel Hill Policy on Use of Human Embroynic Stem Cells in Research
- Equity Acquisition in Technology Licensing Arrangements
Other university policies