Postdoc Travel Award
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs sponsored Travel Award Program grants travel awards to postdoctoral scholars to support travel to a national or international conference for the purpose of presenting a paper or poster. Postdocs can receive up to $500 for domestic travel or up to $750 for international travel.
Applications will be accepted one week prior to the deadline. Due to limited funds available, there is no guarantee of funding. Notifications for awards will be sent via email to award recipients the first week of the month following the deadline. The application deadline for 2017 has past, the next deadline is January 2018.
*Next Deadline January 15, 2018* (applications will be accepted January 8-15, 2018)
Deadlines for 2018:
January 15 (notifications will be sent the first week of February)
To apply, submit the following forms and materials in a single PDF with the subject line “Travel Award” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postdoctoral Scholar Travel Award Application Form (new application 3.15.17)
- Faculty Mentor Recommendation Form
Other Required Materials:
- Current CV
- Proof of invite from conference to present a paper, poster, or panel presentation.
- Abstract of presentation
- A write up no longer than one page detailing the following:
- The meeting/conference
- Paper/poster to be presented
- How the trip will benefit your professional endeavors
- Must be in your postdoc a minimum of six months
- Limit 1 award per postdoc (includes special travel awards)
- PARE award recipients are not eligible
- Need is a primary review consideration for this award
Applications must be submitted prior to travel:
- Domestic Travel/Conference: 30 days prior to conference date
- International Travel/Conference: 60 days prior to conference date
- Any travel/registration fees to be paid up front by OPA: 60 days prior to conference date
Limited funds available and submission of application does not guarantee funding. Special consideration will be given to those with financial need.
Depending upon the cost, airline tickets and conference registration fees may be covered by OPA in advance, if the application was submitted 60 days prior to the conference date. All other expenses will be reimbursed post travel. Travel Award recipient must present receipts for reimbursement no later than 30 days after travel.
Your request must be consistent with the university policies for the reimbursement of travel expenses. If your actual expenses are less than the amount of the award, your award is automatically reduced to the actual amount of expenses; the difference is not available to you for other travel related purposes.