Research Administration Management System & eSubmission
The Office of Research Information Systems (ORIS) collaborated with the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), the School of Medicine Sponsored Programs Office (SPO), the Office of Clinical Trials and the broader campus research community to develop RAMSeS, a comprehensive Electronic Research Administration (eRA) system to meet the growing needs of Carolina’s research enterprise.
RAMSeS delivers cutting-edge technology to the research community, enabling research administrators to manage research more efficiently and effectively than ever before. RAMSeS will be fully integrated with Carolina’s compliance and protection offices, such as the IACUC, IRBs and Conflict of Interest committees. This level of integration will enable the University to further grow the research enterprise, while continuing to do an excellent job ensuring that Carolina protects its human and animal subjects and exceeds the research and compliance requirements set forth by federal and state agencies.
The new RAMSeS system went live on July 1, 2006. Check here for updates and information.
- Click here to log in to RAMSeS.
- Click here to see a memo announcing this new initiative.
- View a presentation on the planning implementation of RAMSeS and its effects on the research community.
- Download the Research Contacts Role Manager Authorization form.
- Research Contacts Online Training
- Cayuse424 – Cayuse helps UNC researchers submit grant proposals more efficiently to Grants.gov.