- Funding opportunities when an agency limits the number of proposals that the University can submit
- Many of these grants provide high visibility and prestige.
- Winning enhances UNC faculty and the University research portfolio.
- ORD is responsible for facilitating the selection process for Limited Submission Grants.
- Limited Submission Awards are handled by the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE).
Some of the awards CFE now handles can be found here.
Strategic and Large-scale Limited Grants
ORD realizes the importance of time to strategically plan for large scale, cross-disciplinary initiatives. Maximum time to prepare a large submission is a valuable and rare commodity for faculty, particularly in the current funding climate. ORD is piloting a modified version of the current limited submission selection process for these particular grants. With that in mind, The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research may determine that certain limited submission grants are considered as critically important to the research mission of the University; in such cases relevant teams may be strategically identified by the Vice Chancellor.
For more information, contact Denise Lindley at Limited_Submissions@unc.edu or (919)962-7503.