Upon receipt of your application, the IRB will determine level of review. Most reviews are expedited, i.e., reviewed in-office, on an ongoing basis, by the Chair and selected reviewers. Only those proposals subject to full board review, i.e., by committee, are required to meet submission deadlines (see table, below).
IRB Committee Meeting Schedules
- The Biomedical IRB consists of four committees, one of which meets on each of the first four Mondays of the month, unless the Monday is a holiday.
- The single Non-Biomedical IRB committee meets the second Tuesday of each month.
- New studies requiring dental expertise are reviewed by the Biomedical Committee B (meets second Monday except holidays). Once approved, a renewal or modification of a dental study can often be reviewed by any of the biomedical IRBs.
If you anticipate that your application will require full board review, please observe the deadline (see below) for the committee governing your research.
- The “Deadline” date in the table below is the date the submission is accepted* by the IRB. The “Meeting” date is when the committee meets.
- An application accepted by the published deadline will generally be assigned to the corresponding meeting. However, there may be circumstances when this is not possible, in which case it will be assigned to the next available committee meeting. Please be advised that receipt by submission deadline does not guarantee review at the corresponding meeting.
- Dates are subject to change–check this web page for updates.
2016 IRB Committee Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines*
|Dec 8, 2015||Nov 24, 2015||Dec 1, 2015 (Tuesday)||Nov 16, 2015|
|Dec 7||Nov 23|
|Dec 14||Nov 30|
|Dec 21||Dec 7|
|Jan 12, 2016||Dec 22, 2015||Jan 4, 2016||Dec 14, 2015|
|Jan 11||Dec 21, 2015|
|Jan 19 (Tuesday)||Jan 4, 2016|
|Jan 25||Jan 11|
|Feb 1||Jan 19|
|Feb 9||Jan 26, 2016||Feb 8||Jan 25|
|Feb 15||Feb 1|
|Feb 22||Feb 8|
|Mar 7||Feb 17|
|Mar 8||Feb 23||Mar 14||Feb 29|
|Mar 21||Mar 7|
|Mar 28||Mar 14|
|Apr 12||Mar 29||Apr 4||Mar 21|
|Apr 11||Mar 28|
|Apr 18||Apr 4|
|Apr 25||Apr 11|
|May 2||Apr 18|
|May 10||Apr 26||May 9||Apr 25|
|May 16||May 2|
|May 23||May 9|
|Jun 6||May 18|
|Jun 14||May 24||Jun 13||May 31|
|Jun 20||Jun 6|
|Jun 27||Jun 13|
|Jul 12||Jun 28||Jul 5 (Tuesday)||Jun 20|
|Jul 11||Jun 27|
|Jul 18||Jul 5|
|Jul 25||Jul 11|
|Aug 9||Jul 26||Aug 1||Jul 18|
|Aug 8||Jul 25|
|Aug 15||Aug 1|
|Aug 22||Aug 8|
|Sep 13||Aug 30||Sep 6 (Tuesday)||Aug 17|
|Sep 12||Aug 29|
|Sep 19||Sep 6|
|Sep 26||Sep 12|
|Oct 11||Sept 27||Oct 3||Sep 19|
|Oct 10||Sep 26|
|Oct 17||Oct 3|
|Oct 24||Oct 10|
|Nov 7||Oct 19|
|Nov 8||Oct 25||Nov 14||Oct 31|
|Nov 21||Nov 7|
|Nov 28||Nov 14|
|Dec 5||Nov 21|
|Dec 13||Nov 29||Dec 12||Nov 28|
|Dec 19||Dec 5|
|Dec 20 (Tuesday)||Dec 5|
|Jan 2, 2017||Dec 19, 2016|
|Jan 10, 2017||Dec 20, 2016||Jan 9||Dec 27, 2016|
|Jan 23||Jan 9, 2017|
|Jan 30||Jan 17|
* Deadline is defined as the date the submission is accepted by the IRB (typically, the IRB accepts a submission on the business day routing is complete; OR, the next business day).