The mission of the Office of Clinical Trials (OCT) is to serve the Carolina research community by improving the quality of support by facilitating and streamlining the startup, conduct and administration of clinical trials.
In support of that mission, the OCT strives to:
- Standardize the processes for clinical trials to ensure consistency, efficiency, and compliance with Federal, State and University requirements;
- Provide educational opportunities to research faculty and staff;
- Facilitate regulatory knowledge and support to investigators and clinical research professionals to enhance compliance with federal and institutional requirements;
- Identify and/or support development of new clinical research opportunities in collaboration with our clinical research teams;
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration for clinical research and incorporate available resources throughout the University and UNC Health Care.
- Act as a resource for coordinators, PIs, business administrators, and all clinical research personnel
- Provide training and education
The primary purpose of OCT is to facilitate the conduct of clinical trials at UNC. In an effort to increase the volume of clinical trials performed at UNC, administrative functions have been centralized to refine procedures, improve efficiency and communication, coordinate efforts between departments and schools, and to provide accurate tracking of contracts and accounts. OCT also provides training and standardized policies and procedures for managing the clinical trials process.